Thursday, February 02, 2006

FIYERO!

Ok... i have yet another obsession... no... scratch that... i have a new passion (my roommates informed me that I'm not overly obsessive Im just passionate... i like that word better anyway). Ok so here it is... drumroll please ******* WICKED! Oh it's simply amazing although i must admit the book and the musical might as well be two completely different stories with borrowed characters... still they are both amazing! Unfortunately enough for me I came into it about a year too late. The original cast did it on Broadway for three years and just finished up recently. I haven't seen it live yet but that day will come. Here's a link to a performance of one of the more... popular... songs http://www.youtube.com/?v=Qltr8ssg6bI
So here's some background info on the musical/book. It's the story of the Wicked witch of the West and Galinda (or Glinda... depending on what part of the story you're at) the good witch. It's their story before Dorthy came into Oz. They were roommates (and friends) before "The Wizard of Oz" story. It gives an interesting view on the wicked witch... i've ended up despising Dorothy and loving Elphaba (the wicked witch). I suggest you all see it if you ever get the chance. The music is absolutely amazing! Oh and idina Menzel (who plays elphaba) is the coolest person ever. she has an amazing voice... so is Kristin chenoweth (who plays Glinda)... she's 4'11" and has the cutest voice ever! Alright well there's what my life is currently consumed by.
<3 Shannen

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

1 comment:

The Old Women said...

Have you read any of his other books? Think the Ugly Stepsister is my favorite but like them all. Have you read the Son of...? Can't think of title. I haven't got it yet, hopefully this weekend.