Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Fall

So my roommate Jackie and I happen to be quite obsessed with the TV show "Pushing Daisies", which, incidentally means I happen to be very obsessed with Lee Pace (the quirky, cute pie maker). So with my carefully trained eye and my Lee radar on I happened to spot him on an ad for a newly released movie... he was only on the ad for a split second so naturally Jackie and I had to check it out. So we found out some information and after deciding from the pictures that it may just be the most beautifully designed film ever we bought it. We just finished watching it tonight... it's about 3:30am at present... and I must say that it was the most stunning movie I've ever seen. The little girl is most definitely the best actress her age and of course Lee was absolutely amazing. Everyone really should check this film out. It's mostly practical effects. Even the things that look like and (money wise) probably should be computer effects are practical effects. It was shot in 18 different countries over a 4 year period. So much work went into it and it completely paid off. It's stunning, beautiful, and breathtaking.

1 comment:

The Old Women said...

Your dad and watched The Fall on sunday night. Interesting... As you said, beautiful. I really loved the first part of the movie but thought it falled to finish as good as the start. Lee was great, better than I thought he would be. The girl was so natural it really worked. Thanks for the notice about it. It was worth the time spent, I can't say that about most of the movies we see!!
love you.